NAIA Intern Program - Men's Basketball
This selection of the NAIA Championship Internship Program will take place in conjunction with the 2021 NAIA Men's Basketball Championship hosted at Municipal Auditorium in Kansas City, Missouri. The program will run March 15-24, 2021 and will require 60-70 hours of work over ten days. The dedication to this program will give you a taste of what is it like to work in the sports industry, as well as provide a well-rounded overview of all the essentials to run a championship. The program is a non-paid program and participants are responsible for locating and securing their own housing for the duration of the program.
The 2021 Program Schedule will be available October 2020.
Our purpose is to engage young professionals and college students near Kansas City that are looking for experience in Sport Management and Event Coordination in intercollegiate athletics. Consideration for participation will also be given to students outside of the Kansas City area if housing is secured by student. The purpose of the NAIA Championship Internship Program in conjunction with the NAIA Men's Basketball Championship is to give students a hands-on experience by being an instrumental part of the operations for the oldest collegiate basketball championship in history.
- Internship hours & degree credit (if approved by your institution)
- Networking Meet & Greets with Kansas City sport industry leaders
- NAIA National Office Staff, Kansas City Sports Commission, Niles Media Group, Linden Entertainment Group, and others
- On-Site interviews for a paid seasonal position in the NAIA Eligibility Center
- On-Site resume reviews & tips
- NAIA Men’s Basketball Intern of the Year Award
- Intern Appreciation Lunch - Wednesday, March 24th
- NAIA apparel
- Food provided while working
- (4) tickets to the Championship (can used by friends or family for one day of the championship)
Interested in participating for the 2020-2021 season?
If you are interested in participating at the Men's Basketball Championship Internship Program and have questions, contact Anthony Goetz (firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-595-8184)