Recap of the 2023 NAIA Women’s Volleyball Championship Opening Rounds
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – [Opening Round Schedule | Results] Twenty-four teams won their respective NAIA Women’s Volleyball Championship Opening Round matches on Saturday. The 24 teams will meet at the final site in Sioux City, Iowa, starting November 29.
Opening Round Notes
- Twenty-four teams advanced to the final site.
- Pool play assignments will be announced on Sunday, November 19, by 5 p.m. on naia.org.
- Twenty of the 24 teams that won their opening round were hosts.
- Fourteen of 21 conferences will be represented at the final site.
- The four title winners (Columbia (Mo.), Missouri Baptist, Park (Mo.) and Jamestown (N.D.)) remain in the field and will have a shot at another title.
- Montana Western, Oklahoma Wesleyan, Saint Katherine (Calif.) and Valley City State (N.D.) are the only teams that qualified for the first time and advanced to the final site.
- Six of the 24 teams qualified with an at-large.
- Teams from 13 states will be represented at the finals.
- St. Ambrose (Iowa), Oklahoma Wesleyan, Valley City State (N.D.) and Montana Western upset the higher seed.
- The Great Plains Athletic Conference has advanced the highest number of teams to the final site with four. The Cascade Collegiate Conference and North Star Athletic Association advanced three.