2020-21 Men's Soccer Coaches' Top 25 – Poll 3 (March 31)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Central Methodist (Mo.) stayed put atop the NAIA Men’s Soccer Top 25 for the third consecutive ratings period. Oklahoma Wesleyan, Columbia (Mo.), Missouri Valley and Keiser (Fla.) rounded out the top five. Southwestern Christian (Okla.) and Milligan (Tenn.) are the newcomers this week.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
- For the complete men’s soccer ratings calendar, click here.
2020-21 NAIA Men’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Poll No. 3 (March 31, 2021)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st PLACE VOTES]||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Central Methodist (Mo.) ||16-1||498|
|6||19||Dalton State (Ga.)||11-0-1||415|
|7||2||William Carey (Miss.)||8-1-1||404|
|8||9||University of Northwestern Ohi||9-0||375|
|12||11||Spring Arbor (Mich.)||9-3-2||303|
|14||8||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||6-2-2||289|
|18||NR||Southwestern Christian (Okla.)||11-1-3||205|
|20||17||Briar Cliff (Iowa)||10-2-2||177|
|21||22||MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.)||10-5-1||173|
|22||20||Mid-America Christian (Okla.)||12-3-1||137|
Dropped Out: UC Merced and LSU Shreveport (La.)
Receiving Votes: Houston-Victoria (Texas) 94, Rio Grande (Ohio) 86, UC Merced 85, Grace (Ind.) 56, Rocky Mountain (Mont.) 24, St. Thomas (Fla.) 29, LSU Shreveport (La.) 24, Reinhardt (Ga.) 21, Bethel (Ind.) 10, Ottawa (Ariz.) 9, Southeastern (Fla.) 3