2020-21 Men's Soccer Coaches' Top 25 – Poll 2 (March 17)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Eagles of Central Methodist (Mo.) remain in the top spot in the latest edition of the 2021 NAIA Men’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25. The Eagles are 12-0 in conference, 14-1 overall and claimed 17 first-place votes earning 539 votes. Rounding out the top five for this week was William Cary (Miss.), Columbia Mo. Oklahoma Wesleyan and Missouri Valley.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
- For the complete men’s soccer ratings calendar, click here.
2020-21 NAIA Men’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Poll No. 2 (March 17, 2021)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st PLACE VOTES||TOTAL POINTS|
|1||1||Central Methodist (Mo.) ||539|
|2||3||William Carey (Miss.) ||518|
|8||7||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||426|
|9||9||University of Northwestern Ohi||373|
|11||11||Spring Arbor (Mich.)||318|
|17||24||Dalton State (Ga.)||221|
|18||19||Briar Cliff (Iowa)||219|
|20||21||Mid-America Christian (Okla.)||194|
|22||17||MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.)||172|
|23||NR||LSU Shreveport (La.)||152|
Dropped Out: Rio Grande (Ohio)
Receiving Votes: Rio Grande (Ohio) 92, Grace (Ind.) 88, Milligan (Tenn.) 73, St. Thomas (Fla.) 52, Southwestern Christian (Okla.) 27, Cardinal Stritch (Wis.) 22, Rocky Mountain (Mont.) 18, Ottawa (Ariz.) 16, Reinhardt (Ga.) 6, Campbellsville (Ky.) 4, Bethel (Ind.) 4, Sterling (Kan.) 3