2019 Women’s Bowling Coaches’ Top 10 Poll – Poll 4, Jan. 8
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Indiana Tech launches to the No. 1 spot in the fourth regular-season edition of the women’s bowling coaches’ Top 10 Poll.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999):
- Indiana Tech reaches No. 1 for the first time.
- There are two teams that joined the Top 10 after not being ranked in the last poll: No. 10 Lourdes (Ohio) and No. 1 Indiana Tech
- The Top 5 remained mostly the same with the addition of Indiana Tech.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is represented by one rater.
- The Top 10 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 15 points for each first-place vote, 14 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
2019 Women’s Bowling Preseason Top 10 Poll
|RANK||LAST TIME||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||POINTS|
|1||NR||Indiana Tech ||62|
|2||2||SCAD Savannah (Ga.) ||61|
|4||1||Pikeville (Ky.) ||56|
|5||4||St. Francis (Ill.)||53|
|6||5||Martin Methodist (Tenn.)||44|
|8||8||Saint Xavier (Ill.)||34|
Receiving Votes: William Penn (Iowa) 25, Ottawa (Kan.) 20, Grand View (Iowa) 17, Lawrence Tech (Mich.) 17, Kansas Wesleyan 8, Spring Arbor (Mich.), Union (Ky.) 4, Hastings (Neb.) 3