NAIA Football FirstDown PlayBook Top 25 Poll - Preseason (August 1)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Reigning National Champions Morningside (Iowa) earn all 18 first-place votes to begin the 2022 campaign. The Mustangs have eyes on a fourth Red Banner in five years with the return of NAIA Player of the Year Joe Dolincheck. The Top 13 teams are the same from the postseason poll last winter and the lone movement in the Top Five is Northwestern (Iowa) leapfrogging Lindsey Wilson (Ky.).
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team's ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered "receiving votes."
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
|RANK||LAST||SCHOOL [FIRST-PLACE VOTES]||CONFERENCE||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Morningside (Iowa) ||Great Plains||14-0||418|
|2||2||Grand View (Iowa)||Heart - North||14-1||402|
|3||4||Northwestern (Iowa)||Great Plains||12-2||377|
|4||3||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||Mid South||12-1||373|
|5||5||Marian (Ind.)||Mid-States East||9-3||356|
|6||6||Concordia (Mich.)||Mid-States East||9-2||327|
|7||7||Keiser (Fla.)||The Sun||9-3||312|
|8||8||Southwestern (Kan.)||Kansas Collegiate||9-2||307|
|11||12||Saint Xavier (Ill.)||Mid-States West||7-4||239|
|13||13||Baker (Kan.)||Heart - South||9-2||225|
|14||17||Indiana Wesleyan||Mid-States East||7-3||222|
|15||16||Georgetown (Ky.)||Mid South||8-2||199|
|16||15||Dickinson State (N.D.)||North Star||8-3||178|
|18||14||Central Methodist (Mo.)||Heart - South||9-3||116|
|19||21||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||Frontier||7-3||98|
|21||23||Dordt (Iowa)||Great Plains||7-3||73|
|22||22||Culver-Stockton (Mo.)||Heart - North||8-3||68|
|23||19||Bethel (Kan.)||Kansas Collegiate||9-2||50|
|24||24||Faulkner (Ala.)||Mid South||8-2||46|
|25||RV||St. Francis (Ill.)||Mid-States West||6-3||30|
Receiving Votes: Carroll (Mont.) 29; Benedictine (Kan.) 23; Valley City State (N.D.) 21; Southeastern (Fla.) 20; College of Idaho 16; Texas Wesleyan 13; St. Thomas (Fla.) 6; Bethel (Tenn.) 3; Concordia (Neb.) 3