Character-Driven Coaching Course
Coaches have an overwhelming influence in shaping the lives of the more than 83,000 NAIA student-athletes. With that influence comes an obligation to develop each student-athlete in line with the NAIA’s Five Core Values–integrity, respect, responsibility, sportsmanship, and servant leadership.
The NAIA’s Character-Driven Coaching Course is the ONLY required coaches training in collegiate sports. Within sixty days of being hired or joining the NAIA, each coach must complete this learning module and become certified in Character-Driven Coaching as a means to intentionally define, model, shape and reinforce the NAIA’s five core values through their coaching and mentoring.
Click the button below and register for an account to get started.
What am I going to learn?
- Introduction from Jim Carr, NAIA President & CEO
- Understanding the 3 Dimensions of connecting with your student-athletes: Through the body, the mind, and character
- Learn the NAIA’s 5 Core Values
- What it means to be a Champion of Character®
- Basics of NAIA rules
- Getting started with health and wellness resources
- The voice of the student-athlete leading the way
Need to see if a coach has completed the course? Are you a coach and want a new copy of your certificate? Other questions? Just ask at SAED@naia.org.