2019 NAIA Women's Volleyball Coaches' Top 25 Poll — Poll 1 (Sept. 11)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – No team remained at the same rank from the preseason poll as Missouri Baptist overtook the No. 1 spot in the first regular-season Coaches' Top 25 Poll.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000):
- The Spartans claimed the No. 1 spot in the poll for the third time in school history. The last time the team was ranked No. 1 was during the 2015 season.
- Northwestern (Iowa) landed at No. 2 for only the second time in school history. The team was tied for second in 2009.
- Indiana Wesleyan made a huge jump into the poll from being unranked to No. 4. This is the first time in school history that the Wildcats have landed in the top five. The teams highest rank previously was at No. 7 in 2012.
- Southern Oregon landed in the top five for the first time. The Raiders highest rank previously was at No. 8 in 2005.
- Northwestern, Indiana Wesleyan and Marian (Ind.) are the only teams in the Top 25 Poll that remain undefeated.
- New to the poll this week: No. 4 Indiana Wesleyan, No. 18 Montana Tech, No. 24 Oklahoma City and No. 25 Saint Mary (Neb.)
- Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) holds the longest active streak in the Top 25 with 66 consecutive appearances.
- There has only been one program that has been able to maintain the No. 1 ranking for an entire season, with former member Fresno Pacific (Calif.) accomplishing the feat in 2004, 2008 and 2009.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team's ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered "receiving votes"
2019 Women's Volleyball Coaches' Poll
|RANK||LAST TIME||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||RECORD||POINTS|
|1||4||Missouri Baptist ||11-3||577|
|2||7||Northwestern (Iowa) ||12-0||564|
|3||1||Park (Mo.) ||8-1||557|
|7||3||Grand View (Iowa)||6-5||463|
|10||9||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||8-2||438|
|14||17||Central Methodist (Mo.)||11-2||323|
|16||21||Providence (Mont.) (Mont.)||9-1||322|
|20||12||College of Idaho||6-3||232|
|23||13||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||8-4||195|
|25||NR||College of Saint Mary (Neb.)||15-3||112|
|25||15||The Master's (Calif.)||6-5||112|
Others receiving votes: Saint Francis (Ind.) 84, Morningside (Iowa) 71, Lawrence Tech (Mich.) 46, Evangel (Mo.) 43, Embry-Riddle (Ariz.) 35, Reinhardt (Ga.) 28, Ottawa (Kan.) 20, SAGU (Texas) 11, Aquinas (Mich.) 10, Doane (Neb.) 3