Day 2 - 2021 NAIA Women’s Outdoor Track & Field Championship
GULF SHORES, Ala. – [RESULTS] The second day of the 2021 NAIA Women’s Outdoor Track and Field Championship saw five events crown champions and seven preliminary events were completed at the Mickey Miller Blackwell Complex in Gulf Shores, Ala.
- Five events crowned champions: the heptathlon, shot put, triple jump, 5,000m race walk and the 4x800m relay.
- Morgan Luedy held the No. 1 spot in the heptathlon through the second day of competition with a final score of 5041. Luedy a pair of first-place finishes and had five top-five finished through all seven events.
- Kaileigh Dill of Tabor (Kan.) won the shot put with a mark of 14.37. This is the first time that someone from Tabor (Kan.) has won in that event at the national championship.
- Naomi Walters of Marian (Ind.) won the triple jump with the highest mark since 2014. Walters won the event with a mark of 12.55.
- Dordt (Iowa) with a team of Bethany Ten Haken, Anmarie Stuit, Annika Rick and Mika Kooistra won the Defenders first title in the 4x800m relay at the national championship with a time of 9:06.54.
- Defending national champion, Aniekeme Etim of William Cary (Miss.) had the first-place finish in the 100m preliminaries.
- Loanie Cellard won the first race walk national title for Indiana Tech with a time of 25:47.00.
- Concordia (Neb.) remains in the lead with 47 points after the second day of competition. The Bulldogs have captured points in the pole vault, hammer throw, javelin, heptathlon and shot put.
- Indiana Tech follows with 39 points placing in four different events.
The third day of the 2021 NAIA Women’s Outdoor Track & Field Championship will take place on Friday, May 26. The day will open with the marathon at 6 a.m. central.