2019 Women’s Bowling Coaches’ Preseason Top 10 Poll – Sept. 12
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Pikeville (Ky.) lands at No. 1 in the Women’s Bowling Coaches’ Preseason Top 10 Poll in the sports inaugural year as a championship sport.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999):
- After finishing in round five with a loss to Midland (Neb.) in the 2019 invitational the Bears start on top in the new year.
- SCAD Savannah (Ga.) lands at No. 2 after earning the 2019 invitational red banner in 2019.
- Indiana Tech who forced SCAD Savannah to an if-necessary championship match in the 2019 invitational lands at No. 3 in the preseason poll.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is represented by one rater.
- The Top 10 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
2019 Women’s Bowling Preseason Top 25 Poll
|RANK||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||POINTS|
|1||Pikeville (Ky.) ||64|
|2||SCAD Savannah (Ga.) ||62|
|4||St. Francis (Ill.)||52|
|6||William Penn (Iowa)||48|
|8||Grand View (Iowa)||36|
|9||Saint Xavier (Ill.)||33|
Receiving Votes: Huntington (Ind.) 29, Campbellsville (Ky.) 26, Martin Methodist (Tenn.) 18, Concordia (Mich.) 17, Ottawa (Kan.) 5, Baker (Kan.) 5, Aquinas (Mich.) 3