2019-20 NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Coaches’ Final Top 25 Poll – Poll No. 6
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Westmont (Calif.) will enter the postseason at No. 1.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000):
- Westmont (Calif.) claims the No. 1 spot for the first time this season and for the fourth time in school history
- The last time that Westmont was ranked at No. 1 was in 2016.
- New to the Top 25: No. 23 Providence (Mont.)
- Only seven teams remained at the same rank from the last poll.
- The same five teams remain in the Top 5 from the last poll but none of them at the same rank.
- Oklahoma City holds the longest active streak in the Top 25 with 261 total appearances dating back to 1997-98 school year.
- Union (Tenn.) and Vanguard (Calif.) are the only programs to have spent an entire season ranked No. 1 (Union: 2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11) (Vanguard: 2005-06, 2006-07).
- Union (Tenn.) leads all NAIA school with 59 No. 1 rankings. Oklahoma City is second with 53 and Vanguard (Calif.) is third with 45.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered low ratings) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the team appears on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
2019-20 NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Coaches’ Final Top 25 Poll
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [FIRST-PALCE VOTES]||RECORD||POINTS|
|1||3||Westmont (Calif.) ||27-3||218|
|2||5||Wayland Baptist (Texas) ||31-2||210|
|3||1||Oklahoma City ||30-2||202|
|5||4||The Master's (Calif.)||29-3||193|
|6||8||Central Methodist (Mo.)||31-2||182|
|8||9||Shawnee State (Ohio)||29-4||168|
|13||12||Our Lady of the Lake (Texas)||26-6||134|
|14||13||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||26-6||133|
|17||19||William Penn (Iowa)||26-7||105|
|21||22||Thomas More (Ky.)||22-10||79|
|22||21||Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||21-9||69|
|23||NR||Providence (Mont.) (Mont.)||21-12||63|
|25||25||William Woods (Mo.)||25-7||40|
Receiving Votes: LSU Shreveport (La.) 38, Rocky Mountain (Mont.) 33, Evangel (Mo.) 32, Philander Smith (Ark.) 32, Martin Methodist (Tenn.) 24, Culver-Stockton (Mo.) 9, MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.) 4, Science & Arts of Oklahoma 4