2019-20 NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Poll No. 5
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Oklahoma City remains No. 1 in the latest edition of the 2019-20 NAIA DI Women's Basketball Coaches' Preseason Top 25 Poll.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000):
- Oklahoma City holds the second-highest number of No. 1 rankings with 52. Former member Union (Tenn.) holds the top spot with 59 No. 1 rankings.
- Oklahoma City is the only team in the Top 25 that remains undefeated.
- New to the Top 25: No. 22 Thomas More (Ky.), No. 23 Rocky Mountain (Mont.) and No. 25 Rust (Miss.)
- No. 20 William Penn (Iowa) and No. 23 MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.)
- Eleven teams remained at the same rank from the last poll.
- The same five teams remain in the Top 5 from the last poll.
- Oklahoma City holds the longest active streak in the Top 25 with 259 total appearances dating back to 1997-98 school year.
- Union (Tenn.) and Vanguard (Calif.) are the only programs to have spent an entire season ranked No. 1 (Union: 2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11) (Vanguard: 2005-06, 2006-07).
- Union (Tenn.) leads all NAIA schools with 59 No. 1 rankings. Oklahoma City is second with 51 and Vanguard (Calif.) is third with 45.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered low ratings) is removed and the team's ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the team appears on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered "receiving votes."
2019-20 NAIA Division I Women's Basketball Coaches' Top 25 Poll
|RANK||LAST TIME||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||RECORD||POINTS|
|1||1||Oklahoma City ||22-0||219|
|2||3||The Master's (Calif.)||24-1||212|
|5||5||Wayland Baptist (Texas)||21-2||190|
|8||9||Central Methodist (Mo.)||22-2||168|
|9||7||Shawnee State (Ohio)||21-4||167|
|12||14||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||21-4||138|
|14||16||Our Lady of the Lake (Texas)||20-5||129|
|18||20||William Penn (Iowa)||18-5||90|
|21||21||Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||16-6||86|
|22||NR||Thomas More (Ky.)||17-7||66|
|24||24||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||16-7||50|
Receiving Votes: MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.) 46, Martin Methodist (Tenn.) 40, William Woods (Mo.) 28, Philander Smith (Ark.) 19, LSU Alexandria (La.) 14, LSU Shreveport (La.) 11, Providence (Mont.) 11, Grand View (Iowa) 7, William Jessup (Calif.) 5, Cumberlands (Ky.) 3