2018-19 NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week — No. 2 (Dec. 10)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Stephanie Soares of The Master’s (Calif.) was named as the NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball player of the week announced the national office on Tuesday. Soares was chosen out of a pool of conference group winners.
Player of the Week
Stephanie Soares, The Master’s
6-6, SO, C, Sao Paula, Brazil
- Soares recorded her first career triple-double (21 points, 16 rebounds, 12 blocks) against Antelope Valley (Calif.) last week. The sophomores 12 blocks against UAV also set a new school record.
- Weekly Stats
- Totaled 58 points, 19.3 average
- Totaled 40 rebounds, 13.3 average
- Totaled 22 blocks, 7.3 average
- Added seven assists, seven steals, 23 field goals and 10 free throws
Nominees: Brianna Mueller, Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.); Kyani Moore, Wiley (Texas); Angela Grant, Faulkner (Ala.); Mesa Williams, Montana Tech; Payton Taylor, Oklahoma City; Brenda Pennington, William Penn (Iowa); Bailey Cummins, Shawnee State (Ohio); Keimeshia Walker, Rust (Miss.)
2019-20 Division I Women's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (December 04): Morgan Bennett, Wayland Baptist (Texas)
Week 2 (December 11): Stephanie Soares, The Master's (Calif.)