2020-2021 NAIA Wrestling Coaches' Top 20 Poll – No. 3
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Grand View University (Iowa) claimed the No. 1 spot in the third poll of the 2020-21 season. Joining the Vikings in this week's top five was Life (Ga.), Lindsey Wilson (Ky.), Reinhardt (Ga.) and Indiana Tech.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the eight conferences.
- Two days prior to the national poll, each qualifying group rater submits the top six individuals from each weight class in his conference into the system. Only wrestlers listed on a conference ballot are considered for the national ballot.
- The top 20 individuals in each weight class is based on how each voter ranks the best individuals. An individual receives 20 points for each first place vote, 19 for second place and so on through the list. This same point system is used to determine the team ranking.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team's ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot
- The postseason poll is determined using the individual and team results from the national championship
- For the complete Top 20 calendar, click here.
2020-21 NAIA Wrestling Coaches' Top 20 Poll 3 (January 7, 2021)
|1||Grand View (Iowa)||207|
|3||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||167|
|12||Marian University (IN)||60|
|19||University of Saint Mary (KS)||37|
|20||Eastern Oregon University (OR)||32|
Recieving Votes: Arizona Christian 31, Providence (Mont.) 30, Briar Cliff (Iowa) 28, Baker (Kan.) 27, Warner Pacific (Ore.) 26, Southern Oregon 22, Williams Baptist 20, Hastings (Neb.) 19, Morningside (Iowa) 19, Concordia (Neb.) 18, Texas Wesleyan 17, Midway 16, Thomas More 16, William Penn (Iowa) 16, Simpson (Calif.) 15, Corban (Ore.) 14, Dickinson State (N.D.) 14, Bluefield College 13, Northwestern (Iowa) 13, Brewton-Parker (Ga.) 11, Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.) 8, Rochester 8, Midland (Neb.) 7, Life Pacific 4, Hannibal-LaGrange (Mo.) 3
Top-Ranked Individuals | Individual Rankings
125 – Justin Portillo, Grand View (Iowa)
133 – Austin Wallace-Lister, Warner Pacfiic (Ore.)
141 – Baterdene Boldmaa, Doane (Neb.)
149 – Marty Margolis, Grand View (Iowa)
157 – Nolan Saxton, Reinhardt (Ga.)
165 – Elias Vaoifi, Missouri Valley
174 – Brennan Swafford, Graceland (Iowa)
184 – Riley Jaramillo, Saint Mary (Kan.)
197 – Issac Bartel, Montana State-Northern
285 – Brandon Reed, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)