2020-21 Men's Soccer Coaches' Top 25 – Poll 4 (April 14)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Central Methodist (Mo.) went wire to wire as the No. 1 team in the nation. The two-time defending NAIA national champions are 17-1 on the season and earned all 18 first-place votes. Oklahoma Wesleyan, Columbia (Mo.), Missouri Valley and Dalton State (Ga.) rounded out the top five this week.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
- For the complete men’s soccer ratings calendar, click here.
2020-21 NAIA Men’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Poll No. 4 (April 14, 2021)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Central Methodist (Mo.) ||17-1||498|
|5||6||Dalton State (Ga.)||12-0-1||430|
|7||7||William Carey (Miss.)||10-1-1||401|
|11||12||Spring Arbor (Mich.)||9-3-2||331|
|16||8||University of Northwestern Ohio||9-2||242|
|17||22||Mid-America Christian (Okla.)||14-3-2||224|
|19||21||MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.)||10-5-1||186|
|20||20||Briar Cliff (Iowa)||12-3-2||177|
|22||18||Southwestern Christian (Okla.)||11-1-4||147|
|25||14||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||9-3-2||109|
Dropped Out: Milligan (Tenn.)
Receiving Votes: Rio Grande (Ohio) 104, Milligan (Tenn.) 79, UC Merced 60, Grace (Ind.) 53, Rocky Mountain (Mont.) 41, Reinhardt (Ga.) 33, LSU Shreveport (La.) 17, St. Thomas (Fla.) 16, Ottawa (Ariz.) 12, Bethel (Ind.) 11, William Penn (Iowa) 5, Missouri Baptist 3