2019 Men's Soccer Coaches' Top 25 – Poll 5 (Oct. 9)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Eagles of Central Methodist earn the No. 1 spot in the 2019 Coaches’ Top 25 for a third week in a row. The No. 1 Eagles collected a win over William Penn (Iowa) to hold an overall record of 11-1.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000):
- No. 1 Central Methodist received 16-of-18 first place votes, allowing No. 2 Columbia (Mo.) to receive two votes.
- No. 2 Columbia (Mo.) collected two wins this week and continued their unbeaten season for an 11-0 record.
- The top five teams remained the same from the previous poll (Oct. 2)
- No. 21 WVU Tech and No. 24 Corban joined the poll this week.
- Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) holds the record as the longest consecutively ranked active school at 134-straight polls, dating back to the first installment of the Top 25 in 2007. Rio Grande (Ohio) is second on the list with 124 consecutive polls.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
- For the complete men’s soccer ratings calendar, click here.
2019 NAIA Men’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Poll 5 (October 9)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1ST PLACE VOTES]||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Central Methodist (Mo.) ||11-1||497|
|2||2||Columbia (Mo.) ||11-0||483|
|3||3||William Carey (Miss.)||7-0-3||465|
|7||9||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||6-2||398|
|10||6||Rio Grande (Ohio)||10-2||343|
|12||14||St. Thomas (Fla.)||8-1||321|
|13||12||Spring Arbor (Mich.)||8-1-2||311|
|14||16||William Penn (Iowa)||8-3||294|
|17||17||University of Northwestern Ohio||4-1-5||213|
|18||20||LSU Shreveport (La.)||7-3-2||207|
|20||21||Mid-America Christian (Okla.)||9-1||185|
Dropped Out: UC Merced (Calif.)
Others Receiving Votes: Campbellsville (Ky.) 101, UC Merced (Calif.) 87, Dalton State (Ga.) 58, Grand View (Iowa) 48, Vanguard (Calif.) 22, Roosevelt (Ill.) 20, Rocky Mountain (Mont.) 18, Keiser (Fla.) 11, Martin Methodist (Tenn.) 11, Missouri Baptist 10, Houston-Victoria (Texas) 8, Huntington (Ind.) 7, Concordia (Neb.) 7, John Brown (Ark.) 6, Hope International (Calif.) 5