2019-20 NAIA Division I Basketball Player of the Week (February 25, 2020)
Kansas City, Mo. – Zaccheus Darko-Kelly of Providence (Mont.) has been named the NAIA National Men's Basketball Division I Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Darko-Kelly was nominated for his performances during the week of February 17 – 23 and was selected out of a pool of conference award winners.
Player of the Week
Zaccheus Darko-Kelly, Providence (Mont.)
Jr., Forward, Great Falls, Mont.
- Recorded a triple-double against Rocky Mountain (Mont.) with 20 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists.
- Darko-Kelly has now been named the NAIA DI Men’s Basketball National Player of the Week for three consecutive weeks. The last player to win three times in a season was Corday Sims of Peru State (Neb.) in the 2015-16 season.
- Weekly Stats:
- 60 points, 25 rebounds and 17 assists in two games
- Shot 52.5% from the floor
- 5-12 from three-point range and 13-17 from the free throw line
Nominees: Anthony Brown, MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.) ; Deshawn Munson, Harris-Stowe State (Mo.) ; Malik Amos, Dillard (La.) ; Kadavion Evans, LSU Shreveport (La.) ; Taiveyhon Mason, Campbellsville (Ky.) ; C.j. Williamson, Faulkner (Ala.) ; Ashford Golden, Mid-America Christian (Okla.) ; Austin Dill, William Jessup (Calif.)
2019-20 Division I Men’s Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (December 03): Nico Clareth, Georgetown (Ky.)
Week 2 (December 10): Brock Gardner, The Master's (Calif.)
Week 3 (January 07): Taylor England, Montana Tech
Week 4 (January 14): Nykolas Mason, SAGU (Texas)
Week 5 (January 21): Densier Carnes, John Brown (Ark.)
Week 6 (January 28): Tevin Olison, Cumberlands (Ky.)
Week 7 (February 04): Malik Amos, Dillard (La.)
Week 8 (February 11): Zaccheus Darko-Kelly, Providence (Mont.)
Week 9 (February 18): Zaccheus Darko-Kelly, Providence (Mont.)
Week 10 (February 26): Zaccheus Darko-Kelly, Providence (Mont.)
Don’t miss a minute of any NAIA Championship this season. Buy your All-Championship Pass today.