2019 NAIA Football Coaches' Top 25 Poll - Poll Three (Sept. 30)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Mustangs of Morningside (Iowa) stayed at the top and claimed the No. 1 spot in the latest edition of the Top 25 for a fourth week in a row. This is the 12th consecutive poll the Mustangs finished in the No. 1 spot.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999)
- The Mustangs topped the chart withall 17 votes and 392 total points.
- The top eight teams remained the same from the previous poll (Sept. 23).
- No. 10 College of Idaho made program history this week as it entered the top 10 for the first time.
- No. 25 Bethel (Kan.) also made program history this week. The Threshers joinedthe poll this week as the lone newcomer.
- Southeastern (Fla.), Dickinson State (N.D.), Bethel (Tenn.) and Montana Western all made positive movement moving climbing the ladder three spots each.
- Carroll (Mont.) owns the most No. 1-rankings with 57, followed by former NAIA member Sioux Falls (S.D.) (55) Morningside (32), Georgetown (Ky.) (25) and Marian (22).
- Morningside holds the longest active streak with 153-straight Top 25 mentions.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2019 NAIA Football Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Poll 3 (September 30)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|3||3||Saint Francis (Ind.)||3-0||362|
|7||7||Grand View (Iowa)||5-0||295|
|9||10||College of Idaho||4-0||276|
|10||11||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||4-0||259|
|13||16||Dickinson State (N.D.)||3-1||187|
|15||9||Saint Xavier (Ill.)||1-2||174|
|19||20||Siena Heights (Mich.)||4-0||124|
|20||21||Ottawa (Ariz.) (AZ)||4-0||104|
Dropped Out: Cumberland (Tenn.)
Others Receiving Votes: MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.) 19, Cumberland (Tenn.) 10, Sterling (Kan.) 3