2019 NAIA Football Coaches' Top 25 Poll - Poll Seven (Oct. 28)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Mustangs of Morningside (Iowa) extended their perfect record to 7-0 this past Saturday posting their third shutout of the season defeating conference opponent, Dakota Wesleyan 69-0. Another impressive performance by the Mustangs has earned them the No. 1 spot in the Coaches’ Top 25 for the seventh week in a row.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999)
- No. 1 Morningside received all 17 first-place votes this week. The Mustangs are currently ranked No. 1 in 11 statistical categories including pass offense per game (340.6), offensive yards per game (670.3), first downs per game (27.7) and pass efficiency (210.8).
- The 6-0 Knights of Marian (Ind.) moved up one spot to No. 2 this week after their homecoming victory over Lawrence Tech 46-0.
- Siena Heights (Mich.) defeated then-No. 6 Saint Francis (Ind.) 24-14 on Saturday which moved the Saint positively four spots to No. 14.
- There were no newcomers to the poll this week.
- Carroll (Mont.) owns the most No. 1-rankings with 57, followed by former NAIA member Sioux Falls (S.D.) (55) Morningside (36), Georgetown (Ky.) (25) and Marian (23).
- Morningside holds the longest active streak with 157-straight Top 25 mentions.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
Make sure to download the Experience NAIA Championship App for updated news and information for the 2019 NAIA Football Championship! Download the app HERE!
2019 NAIA Football Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Poll 7 (October 28)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st PLACE VOTES]||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Morningside (Iowa) ||7-0||392|
|4||4||Grand View (Iowa)||8-0||350|
|6||7||College of Idaho||7-0||321|
|7||8||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||8-0||309|
|11||11||Saint Xavier (Ill.)||5-2||236|
|14||18||Siena Heights (Mich.)||7-1||201|
|16||6||Saint Francis (Ind.)||5-2||180|
|21||13||Dickinson State (N.D.)||6-2||91|
Dropped Out: None
Others Receiving Votes: Valley City State (N.D.) 5, Dordt (Iowa) 3, Indiana Wesleyan 3, Carroll (Mont.) 3